6 eggs, separated
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup flour
2/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
2 ounce squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Place egg whites in bowl. Mix with an electric mixer on medium high speed. Whip until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
2. Place egg yolks in a new bowl. Blend them about 2 minutes until thick and lemon colored. Reduce speed and gradually add in the rest of the sugar and beat another minute.
3. Add bread crumbs, flour and nuts. On very low speed of electric mixer blend two minutes until well blended. Fold in egg white mixture.
4. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake at 325 for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes and remove cake from pan and cool on a wire rack.
5. When cool, slice the cake around in thirds to form 3 layers. Frost with the Creamy Mocha Filling.
6. Creamy Mocha Filling: Place chocolate and butter in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on medium low speed for 2 minutes. Sift sugar and coffee into the bowl and add vanilla. On low speed mix this together for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl and beat another 2 minutes until light and fluffy.