Serve this with roasted red potatoes cooked in the oven with the fish loaf. Start the sauce about 10 minutes before the fish and potatoes are done.
4 (8-ounce) salmon, tuna, tilapia or any other fish, filets
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
1/4 cup minced celery
1/4 cup grated carrots
3 slices soft bread crumbs
1/4 cup minced green onions
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1 tablespoon minced dill
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon red pepper sauce of your choice
1 package fresh spinach leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
8 small red potatoes
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
4 egg yolks
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
1 cup melted butter
1. Melt butter in a skillet and add green peppers, celery and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes and remove from pan and place in a mixing bowl. Add fish filets to the butter and cook them on both sides for about 5 to 10 minutes until just done. Add the fish to the mixing bowl also and add the remaining ingredients up to the spinach leaves. Mix together and place in a loaf pan and bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 350.
2. After placing the fish loaf in the oven take the red potatoes and slice them in half. Brush the open side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and then place open side down on a baking sheet and brush the other side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven to bake with the fish loaf.
3. About 20 minutes after starting to bake the fish loaf place tablespoon of olive oil in skillet and add garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes and then add the spinach leaves and stir to coat with the olive oil and garlic for about 5 minutes and then cover the pan and turn off the heat. Allow the spinach to sit for about 10 minutes while preparing the hollandaise sauce.
4. Blender Hollandaise: Blend 4 egg yolks, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon hot sauce in a blender at high speed for about a minute, then uncover and continue to blend at high speed and slowly add 1 cup of hot melted butter a few drops at a time. When the mixture starts to thicken add the butter in a slow stream. Continue blending until sauce is smooth.
5. To serve: Place the spinach on a platter and carefully place fish loaf on top and place the roasted potatoes all around the outside of the spinach on the platter and drizzle the hollandaise sauce over the fish and spinach.